Monday, May 17, 2010

Decreasing My Family's Carbon Footprint!



After calculating my family's carbon footprint I realized that we have to change the way we depend on oil because we are facing a lot of problems with the oil shortage. I was surprise when I also the average my family and me use oil. Now that things are stabilize we should start thinking on how we are going to change the way we live and how we are going to depend less on oil. My family and I are planning a solution to use less oil. To decrease my family's carbon footprint we are going to start recycling everything that can be recycle such as cans, plastic bottles, glass, cloth bags, etc. and we are also going to safe more energy by unplugging any electronics that we are not using. In my house we use a lot of energy day and night so from now and on we are going to use the energy when we really need it. When I was calculating my family's footprint I was also thinking about other families because I know that there are other families that are unaware of their carbon footprints and the oil shortage that we are going through. I want to motivate other people to be less dependent on oil because we all live in the same world and we have to try to make it a better and safer place to live. To inform the people why we should act now we are going to spread the word on how and we should be less dependent on oil. We are going to create a list of some alternatives to oil such as, ride a bike instead of a car, share car rides or more public transportation, use canvas bags for shopping (less plastic bags) write to the government representatives about depending less on oil, shop locally, buy more efficient items and many more. The list will also include the consequences of heavy uses of oil. Some governmental changes are that the government should focus on the oil situation because we cannot afford another oil crisis. My family and I will resist on slipping back into our old habits by making sure that we are always thinking about our world and how it is been affected by the oil crisis. We are going to have a copy of our list tape in the refrigerator so we could always see it, that's going to remind us everyday that we have to depend less on oil. It might be hard to get use to it but we have to try to make things work.

No comments:

Post a Comment