Monday, May 10, 2010

Food Prices Going Up!

Source:http://sixthavenueinn.com/images/CommanFile/EVTPike_Place_MarketPike_Place_Market.jpg

Every Friday my family and I have a movie night. First we have dinner and then we see the movie. I checked my refrigerator and I saw that I was missing some things that I need it for tonight's dinner. So I decided to go to walking to the mini market that is down my block. I was looking fir fish, lettuce, tomatoes, popcorns and fruits. I was shocked because the business owner was closing the mini market. I asked the owner that why was he closing his business, he told me that the business went bankrupt. I was so mad because now I have to drive 2 miles to go to the nearest market. When I went in the market everything was expensive so I went to go look for another market. On my way to the other market I was hoping the the prices were low. Once I was there I was looking around for everything that I need it and the prices were expensive too. I decided to take everything no matter the price because my family deserves a movie night. When I pay my groceries I got my bill and I notice that I wasted a lot of money for a little bit of things. Before when i used to go get my market I never wasted it more than $100 and today I waster more than $100. When I went back to the house I talk to my family and I told them that everything was expensive, that there were a lot of markets closed and that we were going to have movie night every two week now because of this situation. I heard in the news that there were a lot of markets closing because there were not enough buyers. More people were going to be unemployed and most prices of groceries were going to go up because of oil shortage. In the news they also said that we depend on oil a lot of many people are not prepare of we run out of oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment