Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crisis In Farming Organic Vs. Non-Organic Foods

Source: http://greensolutionsmag.com/back_issues/GSM-Jan09/images/farmersmarket.jpg

Today I went to the Market to buy some groceries that I need for the dinner that I was going to make for my family. I was surprise that all the food that I need it wasn't there. I was looking for chicken, milk,tomatoes,lettuce. I thought to myself that how can oil be so useful that we need it in many things. Now that we are running out of oil we are suffering of running out of things that we really need. So I decided to go to another market, when I was driving down by Culver City I saw a farmers market located in 1296 Lafayette and Lucerne Ave in Culver City, CA 90232. The name was Little Farm so I decided to stop there and buy the vegetables that I need it. When I was walking down to get some vegetables, there were a lot of people arguing about organic and non-organic foods. An expert was saying the organic food was healthier, that we should all buy organic food because they have the real nutrients without chemicals been added. He said that non-organic food contain chemicals that makes people get sick. Next to him there was another person saying that there is more possibilities that the organic farming leads to contamination with potentially dangerous bacteria and mould toxins, and that this could be as dangerous as organic farming. I was confused and undecided because I didn't know who to believe. There were giving examples of organic and non-organic food, to me both tasted good but I think that I rather go for the organic food because it has been growing in a farm and chemicals are not been added. Fresh fruits and vegetables taste better and they have their natural color. Oil is affecting our way of living because we are running out the things that we really need. Before I just used to walk down the street to buy my groceries now I have to drive 10 miles to look for the groceries because not all stores have them.



Source: http://healthjockey.com/images/organic-vs-conventional.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Good explanation I found it hard to understand at first but then as i learned about it more in your post I was shocked about were you did find your dinner vegetables.One thing i think you should consider is sourcing your site properly.

    ReplyDelete